The Purchasing Manager is responsible for activities related to sourcing and procuring products and services from outside suppliers to support production and strategic objectives. The Purchasing Manager also provides leadership of the Purchasing Department and ensures alignment and performance through the establishment of operational objectives that achieve best overall value for the corporation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop sourcing strategy for improved value and supply chain optimization while minimizing costs and risks.
- Improve trust and collaboration among supply chain, and engage in strategic planning, partnerships, and business negotiations.
- Perform cost analysis and market research to support manufacturing and the development of new products and services. Participate in the evaluation of proposals, supplier selection, and award of contracts within budgetary limitations.
- Facilitate growth of supplier development initiatives. Monitor supplier performance, and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Work closely with cross-functional team to evaluate outsourcing needs, and implement a plan for make-or-buy decisions.
- Mentor team of direct reports to meet individual goals and objectives.
- Work with Broker and corporate trade compliance resources to manage NAFTA and other regulatory compliance programs.
- Establish and maintain department procedures. Apply lean principles to purchasing activities at AROW Global.
- Oversee all activities within the procurement cycle, from specification to order fulfillment and payment of goods and services. Support procurement operations by performing a wide variety of duties as needed.
- Participate in cross training opportunities throughout the department.
- Remain conversant regarding new technology, government regulations, policies and procedures related to procurement.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
- Understand the AROW Quality Policy and objectives, and how you affect conformance to them.
Knowledge and Skill
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Understanding of procurement practices and experience with contract terms and conditions
- Ability to react to the needs of others in a professional and timely manner, often in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced understanding of the various functions and responsibilities of departments and divisions throughout the corporation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Experience in manufacturing job shop environment preferred
- Syteline or similar scale ERP software knowledge desired
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years directly related experience in a supervisory/management role
- Applicable Professional certification is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; and use hands to handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AROW Global is -by choice- an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employees are paid competitive wages and offered a complete benefit package.
- Medical and Prescription Coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Two Weeks’ Vacation and paid holidays
- 401K plan
- Paid training & tuition reimbursement available
If you possess the required qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please send your completed application form (available below), resume and salary requirements to:
AROW Global Corp.
Attention: Human Resources
924 North Park View Circle
Mosinee, WI 54455
AROW Global is -by choice- an Equal Opportunity Employer