Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, serve as the staff specialist in safety by developing and carrying out procedures that effectively control accident and health exposures in the company, promote EHS culture and maintain OSHA compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Oversee the development and implementation of Company’s Safety and Environmental programs.
- Ensure that necessary programs are in place to reduce employee risk.
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Direct the development of training programs to meet objectives.
- Serve as an advisor for the First Response/Chemical Spill Teams and other emergency services.
Maintain consistency for all Safety and Environmental efforts throughout the Company.
- Serve as a resource for Division Management and Safety/Environmental staff.
- Generate applicable policies/procedures to ensure a consistent and cost effective approach.
- Direct audits of Safety/Environmental programs at divisions and subsidiaries.
- Serve as an advisor to Divisional Management Safety Steering Committees.
- Serve as the principal community liaison with all local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Provide the primary interface with on Group Safety and Environmental programs.
Oversees the development and implementation of effective industrial hygiene programs.
- Address in a timely fashion all requests to evaluate air quality, illumination standards, respiratory protection, and/or hearing conservation issues in the workplace.
- Review and approve occupational investigations to ensure that all work places are free of health hazards.
Develop strategic Safety and Environmental planning for Company operations.
- Analyze the impact of safety and environmental compliance on proposed projects.
- Work with divisional personnel to improve workplace safety and reduce hazardous wastes.
- Ensure that our efforts are consistent.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of air waste water, hazardous waste and related laws/regulations.
- Conduct regular audit and evaluations of the impact of Company products/facilities/operations on its environment
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
Education / Degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science or related field.
Previous experience in a Safety role highly desired.
Previous experience in a manufacturing environment a must, manufacturing prev. leadership experience desired.
OSHA 10 &/or 30 hour training
Related experience in lieu of a degree will be considered. Previous experience in Safety/EHS Supervisory/Management experience is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, talk, or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
AROW Global is -by choice- an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employees are paid competitive wages and offered a complete benefit package.
- Medical and Prescription Coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Two Weeks’ Vacation and paid holidays
- 401K plan
- Paid training & tuition reimbursement available
If you possess the required qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please send your completed application form (available below), resume and salary requirements to:
AROW Global Corp.
Attention: Human Resources
924 North Park View Circle
Mosinee, WI 54455
AROW Global is -by choice- an Equal Opportunity Employer